I’m one of those people who finds an obsession, enjoys it for a few weeks or months, and then wants nothing to do with it for quite some time. Here are my current “can’t live without”‘s
1. Burt’s Bees lip balm. It’s winter and my lips are undeniably chapped and hurting. Burt’s Bees is my favorite way to ease those two problems. It’s much better than Chapstick and it has a nice peppermint tingle to it when you put it on your lips.
2. Young adult literature. I’ve been reading dozens of young adult books recently. I find that they are filled with more humor, more morals, more wholesome fun, less sex, and less cursing. I’ve been devouring book after book. I have even found a few books that I hope to share with my child someday.
3. Wii Fit. A gift from my parents for Christmas, I have been enjoying using the game while trying to stay active. There is a body test which tells you what your Wii Fit age would be and I have been obsessing over achieving a 24 (my actual age) on the game. It’s easier said than done.
4. Nintendo 3DS. A gift from my mother-in-law, David and I have both been enjoying playing it recently. The games are fun, and we are in awe of the fact that the screen really is 3D…without glasses!
5. U2 and Coldplay. The two bands I have been listening to non-stop recently. I keep getting their music stuck in my head, and when I’m in the car it’s the only thing that is on the stereo.
As you can probably tell from my above list, there hasn’t much productiveness occurring in our household recently. We’ve been enjoying ourselves and just relaxing. What else is there to do in January?